LTSPICE Square Wave

giovannelucas_

Joined Jan 5, 2023
Hello,

I´m trying to create a square wave on LTSPICE but it´s coming out as a uprising line.

Would anyone know what´s probably happening? I´m attaching the pictures of my settings here.Captura de tela 2023-01-06 171010.png

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
You have a period of 2ms, and an on time of 1ms (was it meant to be 500Hz?) but you have rise and fall times of 10ms.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You've set the pulse rise and fall times as 10mS and you are running the sim for only 10mS, so you will see just the (linear) rise and fall. Try 1u and 1u as the rise and fall times.

giovannelucas_

Joined Jan 5, 2023
You've set the pulse rise and fall times as 10mS and you are running the sim for only 10mS, so you will see just the (linear) rise and fall. Try 1u and 1u as the rise and fall times.
Hi @Alec_t thanks for the reply. It worked! But I´m not sure why.
Is there anything I could read about how to select these settings?

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
If you want your squarewave to be truly square, set the rise and fall times to something ridiculously short, such as 1ns.
If you want a realistic squarewave, then 1us might not be such a bad choice.

giovannelucas_

Joined Jan 5, 2023
I´m trying to plot a cell potential graph using a project circuit to simulate it, I have the same circuit but the output voltage shows a different graph. Somehow his shows. tran 0 5 3, I tried and it says I should input a positive number as a stop.

This is the circuit and graph:
Captura de tela 2023-01-06 181501.png
This is what it should look like:
graph_thumb.jpg

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi @Alec_t thanks for the reply. It worked! But I´m not sure why.
Is there anything I could read about how to select these settings?
The dialog box for the pulse source gives you the units for each quantity. Although it is not required you can use a suffix on a numerical quantity to specify a power of 10 and an indication of the physical quantity. Check the following Example where I replicate your original and what I think you meant.
1673051242967.png