LTSpice Potentiometer than can be analyed

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I downloaded some potentiometer library files from the usergroup and when I try to analyze using them Spice tells me "unknown subcircuit found". Looking at the symbol it says "must include potentiometer.sub". What do I need to do?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Sam.
Search the LTS folders for potentiometer.sub, lets know where its located
BTW: All LTS sims must have a ground/common symbol [ keyboard 'G']

E

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Thanks, Eric

potentiometer.sub doesn't exist-

must have a ground/common symbol I noticed that when I grabbed the snip, it was something I threw up quick and it is in the file I was working with. I simplified to get a handle on just the pot.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Where did you say that you download the potentiometer model? There usually are several files for the model. A .asy and a .sub file are two (I’m not near LTS and I forget if there are any others.

When you downloaded the model, did you move the model files into the appropriate folders on your computer? This is important and should be documented in the download.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
The model may be in a .lib file. If you have potentiometer.lib and potentiometer.asy files, try the following line instead:
.include potentiometer.lib​

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Thx Eric,

Got it and looked at it. Wife is running us up to Pennsylvania to visit the grandkids for a week, so will work with it when we return. Lots to learn about Spice and the pot is a bit different it seems.

Sam