ltspice lagging in schematic view

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
My CPU was jumping to 20-40% sometimes when I tried shaking the image rapidly (panning schematic,) and the GPU was hitting about 10% on those same events, so I'm not surprised to see your numbers, just surprised that there was notable lag. My measly laptop was very responsive for all movements, regardless of CPU numbers, even at one point when it hit 100% (some background task must've hit at same time.)

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
Is that with snap grid on ? The lag jumps over a few seconds, which is near un-usable, and then you get lost zooming in out, if you forget the mouse wheel direction, and don't stop and wait.

Last edited:

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Ok thanks I tried that, and it's not lagging anywhere near as bad, but the CPU still hit 17% just on spice.

But wait, as soon as I put the snap grid on back on, and nothing else, it immediately goes back to severe lagging. So again, it makes me think no video game programmer has ever seen this program. I had that exact problems when I started using spice on an older intel sys, and I got used to it and forgot that is the snap-grid messing something up.

I'm going to reinstall/intall again. If it's the program, a video game dev needs to fix it, in an afternoon I bet. Maybe it drivers too, and windows, I love LTSpice, but as an elite videogamer, it just looks so ugly.
I don't think is LTspice.
If you have a high performance (gaming) graphics card, LTspice shouldn't look ugly, even with or without the grid.

What make/model of graphics card are you using?

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
It's a zotac rtx 2070 core-extreme, with latest drivers. But I had this on my last rig too, that was all different, older stuff. I now have a 155Hz monitor, but I didn't have that back then either, on the old rig.

I have another PC here with win10 on it, that PC is a 2-core potato tho, so IDK if there's much point to check on that 1, plus I'd have to move my rtx2070, or use the dual-core iGPU, which is an ant by comparison (but ants are super impressive)

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Is that with snap grid on ? The lag jumps over a few seconds, which is near un-usable, and then you get lost zooming in out, if you forget the mouse wheel direction, and don't stop and wait.
I normally don't have grid visible, but I just tried turning it on - no difference on my system. Either way I can zoom and pan effortlessly.

Just in case there's something odd about your files or mine, have you tried viewing my file to see if has the same effect?

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
Well I fixed it, as in, it doesn't happen nearly as bad on Linux !! I can still hit 9-10% on ltspice itself, so again, a video gamer maker should fix if it was opensource.