LTspice - Closed control loop for LLC converter

boruwkarz

Joined Nov 19, 2019
Hello everyone,

I've got an assignment to design LLC converter and I would like to control it with a closed feedback loop.
The resonant circuit works fine. I designed the converter so that it has constant 100 V output, maximum output current is 10 A.
My assumption is that the input voltage can vary by 10% from 292.5 to 357.5 V DC - normal is 325 V (this is the rectified 230V AC).
The gain of the resonant circuit can compensate the variation of input voltage. It can be achieved by changing the control frequency in a specified range (86 kHz to 205 kHz - resonant frequency is 150 kHz).

The parameters of the converter:
Input voltage: 325 V DC (rectified and filtered 230 AC)
Maximum output power: 1 kW (100 V, 10 A)
Resonant frequency: 150 kHz

I just completed simulating the converter with closed control loop that has an output constant frequency, variable duty cycle PWM. That was just an attempt to see if I can do it (im new to this stuff) and to see how the circuit behaves.

schematic.PNG

Now I would like to try designing a control loop that has variable frequency PWM as an output. That was my initial assumption to control it that way. Unfortunately I don't know how to it in LTspice :( I looked up on the web as much as I could and came up with few ideas:
- using LTC 6992 that has ability to change frequency based on resistor aplied to Rset pin,
- using "modulate" block from LTspice library (but as far as I know it has sine wave as an output),
- using timer 555 to generate variable frequency signal.

Is there a way to do it? Can you give me some clues or resources to read/watch that could help?
I could use some designed for LLC convertes integrated circuits but I kind of have to do it based on discrete elements (simmilar to what I did on the picture above).

Also I do have a question:
- How to prevent mosfet source current (Is(M3) - red waveform) from these spikes, when the bridge output voltage (blue waveform) goes up?

waveforms.PNG

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

boruwkarz

Joined Nov 19, 2019
Also seems like I do need help with implementing these IR2117 gate drivers to work. This seems like an easy task since the application circuit is in the datasheet and I am familiar with the concept of high side gate drivers but I cannot run the simulation at all right now and my other attempts with this or other drivers failed.
drivers.PNGI did however manage to drive mosfets with HCPL-3140 optocouplers but this solution seems to be too slow for my application.
optos.PNG
Also please find attached asc files that you might find useful in case you could help me.
- behavioral_sources.asc is for the 1st post in this thread, the mosfets are drived by voltage sources that are identical to PWM output of the control loop,
- gate_drivers.asc is for this post

Thank you for your time!

Attachments