LT Spice op amp model TL072

rpschultz

Joined Nov 23, 2022
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out either how to install the TL07x family of models (that I have) into LT Spice, OR use one of the generic ones that are "close enough". I'm new to LT Spice. Thanks.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I have used and designed thousands of audio circuits that used TL071, TL072 and TL074 opamps. None ever failed.
The circuits were designed for using a single positive supply or designed for using a dual polarity supply.
Since the circuits worked and tested perfectly then a simulation was not needed.

Simply keep the input voltage 4V away from the negative supply voltage to avoid the "Opamp Phase Inversion" problem with them.

Attachments

rpschultz

Joined Nov 23, 2022
I have used and designed thousands of audio circuits that used TL071, TL072 and TL074 opamps. None ever failed.
The circuits were designed for using a single positive supply or designed for using a dual polarity supply.
Since the circuits worked and tested perfectly then a simulation was not needed.

Simply keep the input voltage 4V away from the negative supply voltage to avoid the "Opamp Phase Inversion" problem with them.
so then using a generic or ideal op amp in the circuit is fine, right? I’d prefer that and just use whatever the library has.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
so then using a generic or ideal op amp in the circuit is fine, right? I’d prefer that and just use whatever the library has.
No, I don't recommend that. Use a TL072 model.
There are design constraints that exist in the TL072 that do not exist in the generic universal opamps.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Connect a 4 ohms load to see if it burns up with a 1A output.

The new datasheet for the TL07xH version shows a max supply of +42V and -42V and NO phase inversion if the inputs are 1.5V more positive than the negative supply.
The TL07xH is in a case that is surface-mount only. It produces much more noise than the original version.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Please read the 2017 Texas Instruments datasheet for the TL072. The 2021 version is confusing with the new TL072H added:

1) We talked about its "Opamp Phase Inversion" problem earlier in this thread. Your -5V input becomes less than 4V more positive than its negative supply.

2) It is an opamp, not a power amplifier. Its specs show a minimum load of 2000 ohms. Your 4 ohms load is VERY close to a dead short.