Low force collapsible spring contacts

Gibson486

Joined Jul 20, 2012
I am looking for a very low spring force contact....one that essentially collapses with very little force. I recall to have seen them somewhere in my life time, but I cannot seem to find it or any evidence of such a thing existing. Essentially, the contact springs up, and when it encounters the weight of the object, it simply retracts into the surface because the spring is not strong enough to keep it up. I think it was hinged based as well, but I do not remember 100%. Anyone know if such a low force spring contact exists?

Gibson486

Joined Jul 20, 2012
They were actual contacts, not a switch. Do those lever switches carry current through the lever into one of the pins? I seemed to recall them being smaller as well.... but yeah, similar concept overall.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
The lever is just that, a lever to reduce the force to push the button. It could be removed to just use the button. They typically have a very low force required to activate because of the lever. Larger limit switches require more force but still not a great deal. I'd have to check the PDF but if I remember correctly the 3 terminals are for NO/COM/NC so it can be used either way. There are also threaded button bodies for frame mounting with nuts. These are momentary contacts even though called switches.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
I have before me a device that has open metal contacts, is hinged, has a spring & contacts close
when a weight of 2 grams is placed on moveable contact; it is a open frame relay.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Do you have a picture or sketch of what you want? My crystal ball is a bit cloudy at the moment...