Loose Wire in a 12V Toy Car Dashboard - Wranger Jeep Raptor-Drifter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by dccastillo, Jul 10, 2018.

1. dccastillo

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    I am trying to fix my grandson's 12V electric Car. There is a loose wire under the dashboard that apparently came loose and affected the lights and sounds. I can't determine where the connection goes.I am attaching 2 files that show the connected part attached to the charging port and I initially thought the connection was attached to the start/stop switch. I replaced the switch but can't figure out where the connection should be. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Dodgydave

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 22, 2012
    Looks like the Red wire is from the pcb in the middle, thats the sound board ...so what powers the lights?

3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    I think there's a chance the red wire came off that relay (switch?) below the sound board in the photos. But it's very hard to tell without closeups. If it was me, I'd take my magnifying glass and a bright light and inspect very closely every possible point of contact.

Or, I'd search more for a schematic.

4. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Need closer pictures of the green circuit board and the switch with the green wire below it..
    Should be pretty clear where the wire/joint broke.. having clear/close up pictures will let us see/confirm it for you..

Simple fix..

All though I suggest switching to the Power Wheels Jeep Hurricane instead... ;)
    I'm just waiting till Christmas and will get that for my son (6 months old now) .. I always felt left out as a child when I didn't have a power wheels.. Now is my chance to live through him all over again..

5. dccastillo

Jul 10, 2018
    thank you

6. dccastillo

Jul 10, 2018
    thank you; unable to get any closer

7. dccastillo

Jul 10, 2018
    thank you

8. Ylli

Nov 13, 2015
    That wire looks like a fairly thick wire, perhaps a main power wire.

On the second picture, just to the right of the circuit board, there is something around the red wire. Is that just a label or is it maybe a crimped splice? If it is a splice, could that other red wire have pulled out of it?

9. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    BS
    Good luck..