looking for some MCU/ST product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynee

Joined Mar 1, 2023
Hello, I am looking for STM32F417IGT6/400pcs and STM32G474RET3/960pcs.
if someone here has excess stock to resell, pls contact me: <snip>

Moderator edit: email address removed to prevent spam. A member can contact you via private message if required.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
It is very unlikely that anyone would have 400pcs or 960pcs of very specialized MCUs that they would want to resell.
At those quantities they very likely need them for their own production line.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
She may or may not, but a calming thought from a half century in the technology business:

Everything you are working on today will be landfill in a decade.
Maybe, but I not about to commit my stock of 12AX7, 12AT7 et al. tubes to landfill just yet.
I just finished repairing someone's 1965 Fender Deluxe Reverb amp that needed a new 12AT7.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
She may or may not, but a calming thought from a half century in the technology business:

Everything you are working on today will be landfill in a decade.
Not if you work/design in engineering Palaeontology (keeping old stuff running) at legacy semiconductor manufacturing or most process driven industrial. The casual consumer side has a short life cycle but high cost/complexity manufacturing doesn't. I've had and seen designs go through parts obsolescence at least three times over three decades but the basic systems from original to most modern are still running today making chip products in machines first designed in the 80's/90's. Things here don't go the landfill, they go to even lower tier production fabs like in China. ;)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Not if you work/design in engineering Palaeontology (keeping old stuff running) at legacy semiconductor manufacturing or most process driven industrial. The casual consumer side has a short life cycle but high cost/complexity manufacturing doesn't. I've had and seen designs go through parts obsolescence at least three times over three decades but the basic systems from original to most modern are still running today making chip products in machines first designed in the 80's/90's. Things here don't go the landfill, they go to even lower tier production fabs like in China. ;)
I'm happy you are able to do this. Even you won't be around forever and someday it will be landfill.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I'm happy you are able to do this. Even you won't be around forever and someday it will be landfill.
I've got a few ex-Navy reactor techs training for when I'm gone.

I won't be landfill as my selection is burial at sea.
https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Support-Services/Casualty/Mortuary-Services/Burial-at-Sea/

Things go to crates instead of the junk pile.
https://www.fabsurplus.com/sdi_catalog/salesItemDetails.do?id=103723
1677690745160.png

These old guys are still making things like power transistors today.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I've got a few ex-Navy reactor techs training for when I'm gone.

I won't be landfill as my selection is burial at sea.
https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Support-Services/Casualty/Mortuary-Services/Burial-at-Sea/

Things go to crates instead of the junk pile.
https://www.fabsurplus.com/sdi_catalog/salesItemDetails.do?id=103723
View attachment 288677

These old guys are still making things like power transistors today.
I said "it" meaning the equipment, not you the person. That would be horrible to be buried in a landfill. Yuuuch!

Last edited:

em.tan

Joined Mar 6, 2023

Moderator edit: email address removed to prevent spam. A member can contact you via private message if required.
Hey Lynee, let me check my inventory and get back to you.

em.tan

Joined Mar 6, 2023
Hi Lynee is there any way I can keep in touch with you? if you are still interested you can reach out to me at +6587684558

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
This was a part of my work at the university. Manufacturers are plain stupid about how they integrate computers into instruments.

For example, we had to maintain a PDP-11/70 in order to keep an old but very important microscope operational. A replacement for its functionality would have run in the high 6-digit price tags, so we had incentive. The first challenge was transplanting the system to our network. It required learning about the IP stack configuration for an OS that was long “dead”—but not for us.

Another example was a spectral analysis instrument for a SEM that was about $200K worth of kit. It used a DOS program to collect and analyze the data from the sensor. It as running on what had become an ancient PC, under, of all things, OS/2 Warp. (Yes, it was a DOS program). We built a machine at least 10x faster than the original from spares and put DOS 6 on it. The program would not run!

I downgraded the DOS through every version down to 2.11 and it still wouldn’t run. Though I had access to everything Microsoft through MSDN I did not have install media for OS/2 Warp, which, apparently, was the only environment it would run in. We rolled back to the old machine and it lived out its life—as predicted, a short one—and then became so much very expensive scrap.

And here is the problem with the vendors. The manufacturer of the device was still in business but they had EoL‘d this particular device and so even with its very high cost there was no one to provide updates to make it work. The instrument itself was beautifully made and would probably have operated indefinitely but the computer it relied on was not going to make it past several years, and replacements (which is a niche business) for older motherboards with AT bus slots, etc., cost considerably more than a much faster, better modern version.

And, don’t get me started on Tektronix selling super-expensive scopes, network analyzers, and the like running Windows 95! All of that expensive hardware, nowhere near out of date, chained to an operating system that couldn’t be placed on the network safely! I had to design an isolated network for our labs so we could allow for Windows 95, Windows NT, and even Windows 3.11 in some cases where exposing them would have meant instant compromise.

But, we had to keep the benchtop computing running, and different members of my staff had different specialities to help do that. Legacy hardware, legacy OS, particular products, etc. It was a vital function for labs that couldn’t afford to throw away a $250,000 instrument because the $2,500 PC it relied on was no longer viable.

Another

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
It said "it" meaning the equipment, not you the person. That would be horrible to be buried in a landfill. Yuuuch!
Where I live (N.E. Thailand) cremations usually take place at temples, but it is not uncommon to see a group of men walk into the woods with a can of gasoline for a slightly less formal cremation.

Jeen

Joined Mar 7, 2023

Hi Dear Lynee, We may have the stocks , this is my email address,<snip> please feel free to contact me if you still need it

Moderator edit: email address removed to prevent spam. If two parties need to contact each other they can do so via a moderator.

Lynee

Joined Mar 1, 2023
Hi Dear Lynee, We may have the stocks , this is my email address,<snip> please feel free to contact me if you still need it

Moderator edit: email address removed to prevent spam. If two parties need to contact each other they can do so via a moderator.
are you trader? which means "may have stocks"? yes or no? do you have enough stock? ( lynee.q#foxmail.com )

Status
Not open for further replies.