Looking for PIR Sensor/Ocupancy Sensor suggeations.

jake.burton

Joined Jun 15, 2020
I am in the process of building an automated lighting system for a bathroom in my home. The goal is to have the string of light turned on when the bathroom door is closed and nobody is in the room, and then have the lights turn off when someone enters the room. I want to have 3 failsafe's to make sure the lights do not come on when someone is in the room. As of right now, I've got an SPST-NO magnetic door switch to allow power through the line when the door is closed but I need some sort of an occupancy sensor to make sure that nobody is in the room before the light turns on. The sensor also needs to immediately switch to an open position with no delay when the sensor detects motion. If anyone knows of any products that will accommodate this please let me know!

Thank you.

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
I about bet the Lights the TS is wanting to come on when no one is in the bathroom are blue UV lights. but look like the TS would tell you that.

jake.burton

Joined Jun 15, 2020
There are lots of motion sensors available but it will be more difficult to detect if someone is in the room, motionless. How large is the room? If there is going to be no light in the bathroom, I hope you have access to lots of inexpensive floor cleaner.
Regards,
Keith.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...id=SB_20200615171809&SearchText=motion+sensor
the room is 10'x10' there will be a different set of lights on when the room is occupied.

Thank you,
Jake

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
the room is 10'x10' there will be a different set of lights on when the room is occupied.

Thank you,
Jake
If you are planning on illuminating the room with UV when it is not occupied, you have set yourself a very difficult task. Whatever you use must be 100% failsafe!
Four ultrasonic sensors, which have a 30 degree cone of detection, located in two opposite corners of the room could cover the whole area. It would be necessary to activate them one at a time so that they would not interact with each other.
Regards,
Keith
US.jpg