Looking for Part # or PCB footprint for a PCB-PCB connector, or maybe a Right-Angle PCB standoff.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
I am looking for a data sheet (PCB footprint) for this part. It is part of a PCB to PCB connection. There are 16 pins into the PCB in a 4x4 grid.
Not shown, there is a 5mm diameter post that screws into the block. The post is much like a Banana Jack but the male end has no spring. The female side has the spring contacts. (Might be German.)
1658423916802.png
Thanks RonSimpson

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
I used to use a propane-powered soldering iron that was my grandfather's - a 1/2kg lump of copper, has great thermal mass - I still use it for RF shielding boxes for example.

More recently I use a home-made reflow table; I put some strips of solder between the pins then stand the board upside-down on the connectors so they get heated to around 250°C then either use a normal (TS100) soldering iron or hot air at 370-400°C to add solder around the pins on the back of the board.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
I found a lower current version. This footprint allows me to put a Banana jack or a terminal block in the same spot on the PCB. That way I can use either depending on the use of the board.
1658496257673.png