looking Manufacturer id replacement part

Troyanda

Joined Jun 5, 2023
Hello, I'm trying to find a replacement part for the cap20230605_141706.jpg in a power supply. someone told me this might be a class Y cap but others said to just replace with generic. Could someone identify the manufacturer? Thank you

ThePanMan

Joined Mar 13, 2020
Welcome to AAC. In all likelihood it's just a standard electrolytic capacitor. If it's in a power supply then ESR is not a critical issue, which is why I lean toward just replacing it with the same value and size capacitor. All should be well.

I had a cap go bad in a printer power supply. Replaced ALL the electrolytic's because some were bulging but not yet burst. That printer is still going strong.

Troyanda

Joined Jun 5, 2023
Welcome to AAC. In all likelihood it's just a standard electrolytic capacitor. If it's in a power supply then ESR is not a critical issue, which is why I lean toward just replacing it with the same value and size capacitor. All should be well.

I had a cap go bad in a printer power supply. Replaced ALL the electrolytic's because some were bulging but not yet burst. That printer is still going strong.
Thank you! I think I will follow your advise