Looking for IC that generates a delayed GND signal

abh123

Joined Jun 4, 2019
Hi
I have a project with a board that required a button to turn it ON “1 click to GND”
And i really don’t want add a physical button for the main board, because i already have a power button so
Im looking for ic when i turn the power on it generates “1 gnd single click” to turn the main board ON
Any idea will be appreciated!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
A simple solution is a 555-timer circuit with a transistor output to sink current.

You need to provide more information in order for someone to suggest a solution.
How many seconds duration does the GND signal need to be?
How much current must the GND connection take?

It would be better if you gave us the whole picture.
What is the circuit that requires a GND signal?

abh123

Joined Jun 4, 2019
A simple solution is a 555-timer circuit with a transistor output to sink current.

You need to provide more information in order for someone to suggest a solution.
How many seconds duration does the GND signal need to be?
How much current must the GND connection take?

It would be better if you gave us the whole picture.
What is the circuit that requires a GND signal?
Sorry I didn't provide much information, Im not really sure what the ground current is but the time i think something between 200-500 millisecond should work

Its a sony playstation 2 it requires a button to turn it ON even if all regulators is turned on

abh123

Joined Jun 4, 2019
Does it turn on if both buttons are pressed at the same time or must there be a delay between power-on and system-on?
It needs to be delay after the regulator turns on,
Let me explain how ps2 and my power management are working.

- PS2 power button
1 press turn on
After it turned on 1 press to reset
Long press to turn off
In my project no need for reset and turn off.

- my power management button
1sec press to turn the regulators on & off
and 1 press to check the battery level

so if you mean to use the power button as power on for the both ps2&power management unfortunately it will not work.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
What your looking at is connecting a signal to ground after / for a time,
rather different from delaying ground.

A nice little FET, with an RC circuit would be simple,
or use a power on reset chip,

abh123

Joined Jun 4, 2019
What your looking at is connecting a signal to ground after / for a time,
rather different from delaying ground.

A nice little FET, with an RC circuit would be simple,
or use a power on reset chip,
I'm a beginner in electronics, maybe there are some things not very clear to me and yes that what i looking for but i don’t want the signal stay in ground indefinitely otherwise it will turn the system off, i just want a one single ground click to push the system ON

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Below is the LTspice simulation of a one-shot delay circuit using one CD4093 Schmidt-trigger quad NAND gate package:
It turns on MOSFET M1 to ground (blue trace) for ≈1s after about a 1.5s delay from the application of 5V power (green trace).
The output connection is the MOSFET drain (SW).

1630523649473.png

Last edited:

abh123

Joined Jun 4, 2019
Below is the LTspice simulation of a one-shot delay circuit using one CD4093 Schmidt-trigger quad NAND gate package:
It turns on MOSFET M1 to ground (blue trace) for ≈1s after about a 1.5s delay from the application of 5V power (green trace).
The output connection is the MOSFET drain (SW).

View attachment 246933
Thanks man, i really appreciate your help!