looking for a mini AC motor

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Hi,
I am looking for a small 110 V AC motor at diameter about 25 mm, and speed over 1700 RPM.
Need help please.
Thanks
Adam

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
The smallest AC motor I could find diameter wise is 65mm. The problem with a motor that small is going to be a lack of torque. With a 25mm restriction, the armature will probably have a diameter close 13mm (or about 7mm radius) That's a very very small amount of torque and rotating mass.

As peterdeco suggested, a DC motor with a permanent magnet will serve you better.

If you will define your needs we can possibly offer an alternative solution.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Thanks for helps.
The motor is for a experiment compare and measure the motion of AC/DC motor, speed no need be controlled, actually no much specific requirements, can be a little big diameter.
I am planning to buy one like the link and remove the gear box.
You may have a problem, the shaft of the motor is fitted with a gear and the front bearing of the motor is in the front plate, so it is very hard, say impossible to isolate the motor and monitor the shaft?
For DC motors, a local automotive wrecker is a good source.
Max.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Will a universal motor do? It can run off AC. If so, look inside a Dremel! it does well over 1700rpm, more like 30000 rpm.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The motor is for a experiment compare and measure the motion of AC/DC motor, speed no need be controlled, actually no much specific requirements, can be a little big diameter.
One issue with a Universal (series) motor is it operates in a runaway condition, RPM dependant on load etc..
Max.