Looking for a low frequency dual output oscillator

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Yes I know that, plan not to , I still have a few options on MOSFET, I need to get that gate-source capacitance filled up the fastest, thus thats why I need the current
Are you sure that's wise?
How are you going to suppress any potential ringing between the gate capacitance and any inductance in the drive circuit?

captoro

Joined Jun 21, 2009
Are you sure that's wise?
How are you going to suppress any potential ringing between the gate capacitance and any inductance in the drive circuit?
I guess I will see when I have the board done, Unless you can simulate that? or put a low value 4 ohm resistor on the gate

captoro

Joined Jun 21, 2009
I forgot to mention, I didnt realize there was an ISL55111 with complementary outputs. Thank you. Thats going to be an improvement. Too bad its back order on Digikey AND Mouser !

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
I guess I will see when I have the board done, Unless you can simulate that? or put a low value 4 ohm resistor on the gate
Presumbaly you have a 1GHz scope? Otherwise you'll find out when the MOSFETs start blowing up.
4 ohms drive and even a small MOSFET with 1nF input capacitance gives a risetime of about 10ns

captoro

Joined Jun 21, 2009
Presumbaly you have a 1GHz scope? Otherwise you'll find out when the MOSFETs start blowing up.
4 ohms drive and even a small MOSFET with 1nF input capacitance gives a risetime of about 10ns
Ian, I was thinking about using this MOSFET: ‎CSD18533KCS‎. Because of its similar identical (and fast) fall and rise time . If there is too much ringing occuring I can always add a small gate resistor.