Looking for a christmas sound chip

Discussion in 'Digital Circuit Design' started by christiannielsen, Jun 30, 2019.

1. christiannielsen

Thread Starter Member

Jun 30, 2019
  2. dendad

Distinguished Member

Feb 20, 2016
  3. christiannielsen

Thread Starter Member

Jun 30, 2019
    I dont do arduino yet, sorry, but thank you

4. Wolframore

Jan 21, 2019
  5. christiannielsen

Thread Starter Member

Jun 30, 2019
    well, not exactly what I was hoping for, but its a plan b :) thank you

6. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    I’m not sure about this module, but in general, manufacturers often add “Arduino” to their product name and/or descriptions as a marketing term.

That does not necessarily mean you need an Arduino to use them. One other example is that you’ll find lots of PIR Detectors marketed for Arduino. They are just as easy to use without an Arduino.

If you do a little research, you’ll find many gems misleadingly marked as “Arduino”.

Wolframore likes this.
  7. christiannielsen

Thread Starter Member

Jun 30, 2019
    I was actually wondering about that. thank you.

8. dendad

Distinguished Member

Feb 20, 2016
    The WT588D chips will run without an Arduino, but driving them with a processor allows more noises. I think with just push buttons, it allows 4.

9. SamR

Mar 19, 2019
  10. christiannielsen

Thread Starter Member

Jun 30, 2019
    sorry I dont think im that good a electronic engineer yet to understand to use that pcb or even what you wrote :)

Iv seen them too, it could also be a opportunity.

I just dont get why its not possible to have other than "jingle bells" in the sort of chip I am looking for. There must be someone who have thought "hey, lets not listen to jingle bells all the time".

11. SamR

Mar 19, 2019
    You can't even buy the chip for what they sell the entire circuit module for and can record anything you want to hear on it for playback and loop the playback. Kinda neat.

12. Wolframore

Jan 21, 2019
    I’ve just discovered that you can play wave files using an Arduino and an sd card. It converts wav files into PCM. Seems like fun to play with. I will be exploring this. The library is called TMRPCM available through github.

absf likes this.