Looking for a christmas sound chip

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I dont do arduino yet, sorry, but thank you
I’m not sure about this module, but in general, manufacturers often add “Arduino” to their product name and/or descriptions as a marketing term.

That does not necessarily mean you need an Arduino to use them. One other example is that you’ll find lots of PIR Detectors marketed for Arduino. They are just as easy to use without an Arduino.

If you do a little research, you’ll find many gems misleadingly marked as “Arduino”.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
The WT588D chips will run without an Arduino, but driving them with a processor allows more noises. I think with just push buttons, it allows 4.

christiannielsen

Joined Jun 30, 2019
The WT588D chips will run without an Arduino, but driving them with a processor allows more noises. I think with just push buttons, it allows 4.
sorry I dont think im that good a electronic engineer yet to understand to use that pcb or even what you wrote :)

Straight outta China... Needs a battery and you can record anything want and play it back for 105s and it loops for $1.15US

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32760347716.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dfLOeER

Only it ships from China...
Iv seen them too, it could also be a opportunity.

I just dont get why its not possible to have other than "jingle bells" in the sort of chip I am looking for. There must be someone who have thought "hey, lets not listen to jingle bells all the time".

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
You can't even buy the chip for what they sell the entire circuit module for and can record anything you want to hear on it for playback and loop the playback. Kinda neat.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
I’ve just discovered that you can play wave files using an Arduino and an sd card. It converts wav files into PCM. Seems like fun to play with. I will be exploring this. The library is called TMRPCM available through github.