Looking for 4g module and microprocessors

AntonioAura

Joined Feb 18, 2018
Dear all,
Recently I learnt IoT and have some programming experience. I m getting tough time in selecting right module for my project.
I m looking for a 4g/module (preferably global support) and a good microprocessors. My purpose is streaming real-time video on the go. The problem is I want to reduce the cost. I saw some 4g/LTE modules from Sierra, Gemalto etc. but they are too expensive. Also NXP, MICROCHIP etc. in the range of microprocessors. But they are also too expensive. Can you please suggest some alternative to these. I m from India, but I think we can get components from anywhere in world using digikey, mouser etc.
Kindly suggest a better substitute, I believe it is possible. Because low cost mobile devices are available which are capable of streaming videos on the go.
Thank you .

bushrat

Joined Nov 29, 2014
For that price, I'm not sure if you can find both parts.. and if you do, it will most likely be unreliable... I would suggest you increase your budget.

AntonioAura

Joined Feb 18, 2018
For that price, I'm not sure if you can find both parts.. and if you do, it will most likely be unreliable... I would suggest you increase your budget.
Below is an example I provide. A motorola 4G mobile cost 5385 INR (i.e.- 83.57 USD):

https://www.tatacliq.com/motorola-m...WC9wyCgloLAj97F8w0npTp6XWIfwq52YaAk_iEALw_wcB

It contains a Mediatek processor, a 4G module and many other features. I believe the manufacturing cost should be less than half of the selling price (for sure). There are few other companies also which provides even lesser price then this.
Are they use something different? Can I use the same technology for my purpose?

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
If you buy one I want a lot
If you buy 0ne million I'd cut you a deal

You would be better off getting a cheap cell phone you can get them new for $20 bucks
And use them for live video using VNC.

AntonioAura

Joined Feb 18, 2018
If you buy one I want a lot
If you buy 0ne million I'd cut you a deal

You would be better off getting a cheap cell phone you can get them new for $20 bucks
And use them for live video using VNC.
It means that by bulk purchasing we can reduce the price > 50%.
But this is not possible in my case.
Seems like no alternate available at present.

AntonioAura

Joined Feb 18, 2018
Hey, I forgot to ask if anybody can help suggesting some 4G/LTE module. So far I am aware of the following:
  1. SimCOM
  2. Telit
  3. Gemalto
  4. Sierra
  5. NeoWay
Please list if any other 4G-module you are aware of. Exact part-no. or link would be more helpful. Thank you.