Logisim Digital Alarm Clock

Meta.IG

Joined May 2, 2024
Hello everyone -
I have been making a digital clock using logisim and I've encountered a lot of issues.
My circuit when it gets to 10, does not reset to zero on the hex display (counter 3, second from the bottom)
and does not increment counter 4 (counter on the bottom).

I am also attempting to make a time stop that stops the time on the clock and then allows the user to manually
increment the time, as well as make an alarm, which stores the time, the user increments the time, and then an LED goes off when the time has been reached

I am also trying to make a AM/PM pin that just, once every 12h cycle states whether or not it is AM or PM (using something like a T flip flop), but as
I am new to circuitry, I'm not entirely sure how to make all of these things.

I can provide the logisim circuit at request. 1714632431521.png1714632422641.png

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

Please post your .circ file. If that file type isn't allowed, rename it to .txt.

It would be helpful if you didn't draw things like this:
1714709616367.png
Avoid unnecessary wire crossings and use the inverted outputs from the flip flops instead of using extra inverters and:
1714709729041.png

RPLaJeunesse

Joined Jul 29, 2018
You have some flip-flop J and K inputs tied to the device clock. That is usually a timing violation in itself, as J and K should be stable just before the clock edge until just after.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I am new to circuitry, I'm not entirely sure how to make all of these things.
It would be helpful if you posted the complete text for the problem. It looks like you're trying to design synchronous counters, but you're using the reset inputs.

What's the point of using JK flip flops if you're going to connect the J and K inputs together?