Logic Switch Debounce solutions

Bubbalou88

Joined Feb 8, 2024
I recently used an LS19 switch debounce chip and found it to be a great solution. It is easy to use, robust with 25ma. High and Low current ability. Just need a switch that is tied low and requires no external pull-ups. Output follows input, spikes are eliminated and switchbounce below 21ms is ignored. There are other varieties that utilize handshake
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...usg=AOvVaw2ubig1T7wZ58Lrr7VATram&opi=89978449

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I recently used an LS19 switch debounce chip and found it to be a great solution. It is easy to use, robust with 25ma. High and Low current ability. Just need a switch that is tied low and requires no external pull-ups. Output follows input, spikes are eliminated and switchbounce below 21ms is ignored. There are other varieties that utilize handshake
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjIgL39rLOEAxUvkGoFHaqQCLkQFnoECBoQAQ&url=https://logiswitch.com/shop/nobounce-ics/ls19-p/&usg=AOvVaw2ubig1T7wZ58Lrr7VATram&opi=89978449
That's interesting. Can you adjust the debounce time?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Here is an old trick I use:

Sw debounce.png

hex Schmidt triggers are ubiquitous and can be bought in many packages including the old 555 which should provide plenty of drive you might need.​

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
No…only recently found these on Digikey
OK. The question arises since your very first post as a new member was about a specific product not connected to anything else. This is very unusual for new members unless they are posting on behalf of the product's manufacturer.

Again, welcome—I hope you find reasons to post in threads beyond switch debouncing.

Bubbalou88

Joined Feb 8, 2024
I plan to. I only just started reading here. I originally found this site by looking for methods of debouncing switches. I just thought this was an innovative solution. I will not say anymore

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I plan to. I only just started reading here. I originally found this site by looking for methods of debouncing switches. I just thought this was an innovative solution. I will not say anymore
It's not a problem. Please do understand that because of AAC's large exposure, many marketers attempt to use it for their own purpose. Some are straightforward about it, some hide it in "innocent" posts. As moderators, we are sensitive to patterns that look like common, prohibited things.

Please say anything you'd like. If you are not working for Logicswitch, there's no problem.

Bubbalou88

Joined Feb 8, 2024
It's not a problem. Please do understand that because of AAC's large exposure, many marketers attempt to use it for their own purpose. Some are straightforward about it, some hide it in "innocent" posts. As moderators, we are sensitive to patterns that look like common, prohibited things.

Please say anything you'd like. If you are not working for Logicswitch, there's no problem.
Ah, I now can see where that would be a problem but I can insure you my only interest in this chip is my excitement in finding something that is a complete package with no external parts needed. Thank you for letting me know! I am glad I found this site. It looks like a huge volume of helpful information and people to ask questions of. :)