Little help on TL866ii needed

orgamisho

Joined Nov 25, 2020
Hello guys, I have a issue with a electronical device for a very long time now and I've read before that I can reprogram the flash and fix my problem.
So I've urchased the TL866ii PLUS and the appopriate adaptor. I have also desoldered the flash and mounted it in the TL866. Installed the latest software (xgpro 10.75) and clicked *READ*. A status bar starts loading and after 18 minutes it is ready but then I see only "FF"s in the data page. It is my first time using the TL866 so I'd really appreciate some help on this matter!

Here is the end result after reading.
I see on the right "please fix the nand08 adapter" but I don't know what it means as I have my adapter bought from store and it reads for 18 minutes and shows a message "successfuly read".

Please help,
thank you in advance!

Untitled.png

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Are all the blocks "FF", or just that first one (zero)? Some large memory chips have reserved blocks, usually at the beginning. Those reserved blocks may be blank in some cases.
There is a possibility the chip is damaged, but usually that shows as bad data (like a stuck data bit).
Can't help with the "error", sorry. Re-check the adapter seating/connection as well as the chip connections.

orgamisho

Joined Nov 25, 2020
Wow, I didn't know there would be multiple blocks (I call them pages). You were right - the first block was empty and the information I needed was way further. But now I need help with something else - I've watched tutorials of people double-clicking the value they need to change and they simply change it. In my case it is grayed out and I can't change it. Is it something I have to press first? At first I thought the flash can't be written on, but I am simply trying to edit the bin file for now, even with the flash disconnected from PC.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
The flash may have some write protect bit on, and hence the saved file may be flagged as "not editable". Since I don't work with that chip/system, it's just a guess that you may have to look somewhere for this write protect setting and clear it, at least in the file you are trying to edit. It could be your editor is reading the "write protect" bit somehow.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
I am going to assume that it is indeed set up for the proper chip and that you have connected all the proper pins. Are you doing it onboard or off and using a socket? If so, when you press read, does it say it was successful? If it does, then your blocks should have data in the,. If they have data, then you should be able to click onto what you want to change, change it and then hit PROGRAM. I have no issues reading automotive EEPROMS with my miniprog and it works great. Its all in the setup and I know nothing about programming