Help needed, to make a little DC go kart

chef Lance

Joined May 21, 2024
1000003078.pngI I want to make a little DC go kart.
I found this on eBay and the seller says there is no instructions..
There is sooo many wires.
Can anyone help?
Pic attached

Last edited by a moderator:

chef Lance

Joined May 21, 2024
It's a 24v DC motor.
It has, what I believe to be, an electrical control (box). Buuuut the box has numerous wires.. my knowledge is limited and thought I would ask in the forum

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

There are a lot of wires but all of the connectors on the speed controller are marked. It should be easy to figure out. The only problem is the kit is for something with handle bars so the throttle is the wrong form factor.

Maybe you could use handle bars instead of a steering wheel—that might be kind of cool if you do it right.

Anyway, note the labels on each connector, the mating connectors are also marked. This is a sort of “instructions”.

chef Lance

Joined May 21, 2024
Nice, thankyou bro!
Yeah, in fact, I was looking at building a little trike for the kids. I then don't have to deal with the steering column hahahha... Hence the choice of variable potentiometer in the shape of handle bars
Thanks again

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Last thing I bought from eBay is useless to me without serious modifications to my tool sharpener. I should have read the reviews before buying. Many comments said the same thing.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
With two batteries like that and a motor that size the only kid I would make a trike for would be at least 16 years old and quite skilled at driving already.
Besides that, the motor is the simple part of an even somewhat safe go-kart. A young guy down the block made a "go-kart" out of the front end clip of a V8 powered car. It would take off like a pro stock dragster and it steered like roller skates on oiled ice. But not nearly as stable. That go-kart had lots of horsepower.
My point being that steering and stability are the tricky parts of a Kart.