Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
this is the link to the product sir.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32721972694.html
will it be fine?
The undervoltage cutoff at 2v is too low. The overcharge voltage of 3.65v is good, but its not clear if it stops charging at that voltage or starts cell balancing. There's no mention of balancing current and i don't see large resistors per cell that are typical of a balance circuit.

In short, I can't say. Not enough information.

anditechnovire

Joined Dec 24, 2019
The undervoltage cutoff at 2v is too low. The overcharge voltage of 3.65v is good, but its not clear if it stops charging at that voltage or starts cell balancing. There's no mention of balancing current and i don't see large resistors per cell that are typical of a balance circuit.

In short, I can't say. Not enough information.
Hmm.
How in the world will an electronic starter charge a LiFePo4 cells.
The 3.65 volt I believe it the overcharge cut-off voltage.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Though there are some good designs/products around, often open-source, sadly there are too many organisations who either copy them with no understanding (or reference to the original) or just drop ship them with little/no useful info. Identifying the good ones oftem means buying and testing....

You could try asking for more details...

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
That's purely a protection module. It doesn't manage charging at all, other than to disconnect the pack in case of severe overcharging. It doesn't include balancing; the description says " if you want balance function, you can buy our balance board".

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
So I see, I was having browser issues so never got that far down the page. I'm still not convinced. Balancing or not, you can't just shut off charge at 3.65v, you need to fix the voltage and let the current decrease naturally. You can't just add balancing as an after thought, it has to be integrated with the charging cycle.

It's not hard to-do, but so many get it wrong!