LED path ws2811, multiple strips as one

Francesco Rubino

Joined Dec 4, 2016
Hi, I want to build an outdoor walkable RGB ws2811 led strip path (so a led profile with strips between the tiles).
While making a building scheme I wasn't sure about some stuffs.
The total needed length for the strips is 20 meters
As strips I think to use 4 RGB ws2811 12v 5050 30led/m waterproof strips (only silicone coated to make them fit in the waterproof walkable aluminium profile)
Let's calculate the power needed at full brightness: We have 30led/m, so a total of 600 LEDs that use 7.2w/m for a total of 144w at 12v

Now the issue is: since a want them to behave like a longer single strip, so the animations run smoothly from the beginning of the strip to the end:
1-what kind of controller should I use? keep in mind that it’s a home application and I don't need ultra-complex stuffs, just simple one like rainbow wave, shifting colours, waiving colours, etc... I have no interest in expensive controllers and, if you suggest it, I don't mind buying and Arduino and copying/Creating some code
2-can I connect them by simply soldering the out data from one strip to the in data from the other? or do I need some kind of amplifier?
3-so, to make this work I need to add a new AC230-DC12 50w waterproof transformer for each 5-meter strip. Is there a better or more efficient way to do this? I read about connecting 2 strips in a single 10-meter strip and then give power from each end, is it true? what kind of connection I should have? does it work better than each 5-meter roll powered from one side?

Thanks all