LED Counter

tripflex

Joined Dec 29, 2008
Alright, here's the idea i'm working with. In theory the perfect outcome i would be looking for is as follows:

Simple 2 digit LED display counter. Count goes up with the push of a push button. Count goes up to 21. There is also another color push button which will automatically set the LED counter to 15. And then maybe another button to reset the count.

Now here's the application. I would like to use this idea for a game so we can keep score. Each team will have one LED counter. The first to 21 wins but you cannot go over 21, and if you do then you have to go back to 15. After someone reaches 21 i would like to be able to press a button to reset both displays back to 0. All of this hopefully running off like a 9 volt battery or a couple batteries.

Just wondering if anybody out there has any designs they might be able to shoot my way that i might be able to alter to get the desired outcome. I would be willing to make a donation for help. (Again, a donation...i'm not looking to pay for this, i would just like to give back to the community here for any assistance)

I've searched around online but can't seem to find any solid information on how i might be able to build something like this. Any information or suggestions are always appreciated!

Thanks guys!

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Take a look at the 4029.
Take two of them, when it reaches 21 you can use reset.
That is a counter with preset possibility.
With this you can put the 15 in the counter.

Greetings,
Bertus

Attachments

tripflex

Joined Dec 29, 2008
Okay well after looking at all that it looks as thought i'm not experienced enough with electronics to actually complete this myself. How much should i be expecting to pay for something like this?

well for the counter it would be around $0.68 each and seeing as you need two it wouldn't be that much. The other parts requied like a BCD - To - 7 Segment decoder/latch/driver, and the 7 - Segment displays arn't that expensive either. I'd Guess maybe 10 dollars. The most expensive thing would be batteries that is if you want it battery opperated. :cool:

tripflex

Joined Dec 29, 2008
Yeah i just meant like for someone else to make it...because unless i really am able to find a step by step manual it's gonna take some time to figure everything out considering i've never really done any circuitry work

tripflex

Joined Dec 29, 2008
Ok let me rephrase this question then...would anybody be willing to help me design this with instructions, and if so, what would you charge. thanks!

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

We do not accept any money.
This is a free forum where you can get help in making the things.
Where are you getting stuck in this project ?

Greetings,
Bertus