LCD panel identification

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
What size is the panel? There's a few 21 pin displays available but need size.

Krell name probably refers to Krell Precision, a Chinese oem of scales and weighing technology who either make it for marsden or marsden badge it.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
If the display looks like this:
1595412308164.png

That is apparently an OEM mask/design. You are unlikely to find a general purpose LCD to match and are probably stuck buying from Marsden. There is a possibility that Marsden simply rebrands something else, but that is a long shot. Rather than searching for LCD's, I would search on scales and see whether there is anything that looks identical on the market.

Jeffberry

Joined Jul 21, 2020
What size is the panel? There's a few 21 pin displays available but need size.

Krell name probably refers to Krell Precision, a Chinese oem of scales and weighing technology who either make it for marsden or marsden badge it.
Hi Irving,

Thanks for the response. The overall dimensions are 112mm x 42mm.

Jeffberry

Joined Jul 21, 2020
If the display looks like this:
View attachment 212792

That is apparently an OEM mask/design. You are unlikely to find a general purpose LCD to match and are probably stuck buying from Marsden. There is a possibility that Marsden simply rebrands something else, but that is a long shot. Rather than searching for LCD's, I would search on scales and see whether there is anything that looks identical on the market.
Hi jpanhalt,

That is exactly the display. I have been in touch with Marsden and they don't do the part separately. In fact, they only sell it as a complete unit, with the weighing mechanism. Their reasoning being that the cost of the repair would be more than new scales. I bought a new set anyway, but it would be nice to get them repaired as a back up.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Hi Jeff,

If you just want a backup, I would search eBay, Craigslist, real auctions/disposals and try to find a non-working unit that has a workable display -- or at least one that is not physically broken. Then go from there.

LCD monitors are usually 16 or 18 pins, some may be 21 pis as Irving said. The pinout on displays is not completely standardized, but they are similar. The problem is that your display is not a generic character or graphical display. It appears to be made for Marsden, and you are unlikely to be able to match it. You do not have access to the programming code used by Marsden. Even if you were able to find something with 21 pins that fit and turned on, it might show characters, but not what you need to see.

Jeffberry

Joined Jul 21, 2020
Hi Jeff,

If you just want a backup, I would search eBay, Craigslist, real auctions/disposals and try to find a non-working unit that has a workable display -- or at least one that is not physically broken. Then go from there.

LCD monitors are usually 16 or 18 pins, some may be 21 pis as Irving said. The pinout on displays is not completely standardized, but they are similar. The problem is that your display is not a generic character or graphical display. It appears to be made for Marsden, and you are unlikely to be able to match it. You do not have access to the programming code used by Marsden. Even if you were able to find something with 21 pins that fit and turned on, it might show characters, but not what you need to see.
Ah, ok. That makes sense.

Looks like I'll have to put an alert on eBay!

Thanks for advice anyway.