LCD datasheet help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny

Joined Oct 11, 2004
I have a cheap LCD labeled "PWB50240 OPTREX IM50240 (MADE IN JAPAN)" that uses only one HD44100H controller. I don't have any info about it. The weird thing is that the LCD has only 10 lines instead of the standard 14. Can anyone help me?

glen65

Joined Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by Kenny@Nov 29 2004, 07:21 PM
I have a cheap LCD labeled "PWB50240 OPTREX IM50240 (MADE IN JAPAN)" that uses only one HD44100H controller. I don't have any info about it. The weird thing is that the LCD has only 10 lines instead of the standard 14. Can anyone help me?
[post=3859]Quoted post[/post]​

You can get the datasheet here.
http://www.alldatasheet.net/datasheet-pdf/...I/HD44100H.html

Good luck

cyberhehe

Joined Oct 6, 2004
Originally posted by Kenny@Nov 30 2004, 08:21 AM
[post=3859]Quoted post[/post]​

Can you send/post some detail pics of your LCD? Is this the 40x4 character matrix LCD?

Sounds weird if it has only 10 lines assuming that the standard for 8 Bit interface LCD should comes as 14 lines.

Maybe that LCD is restricted to have only a 4 Bit interface that is why. Assuming it is indeed a 4 Bit inteface it should come as:

1. 4 Bit Data Lines (D4 - D7) - 4 Lines
2. R/W, ENABLE, RS (Register Select) - 3 Lines
3. VDD, VSS and VContrast - 3 Lines

Then that makes 10 Lines. What do you think? :D

Kenny

Joined Oct 11, 2004
>>Is this the 40x4 character matrix LCD?
No. It seems a 2x16.

>>Maybe that LCD is restricted to have only a 4 Bit interface that is why.
I have been thinking the same, but how can I know it.

For these days I don´t have enough time, but I am beggining to check the 66100H datasheet (44100H replacement). I have made various web searchs and nobody seems to have info. In the only real search hit where is referenced this LCD is in a forum where there is someone that have the same problem that me: There is no info about it.

How is possible that exists a garbage electronic components around it (made by Optrex Japan) without any bit of info.

Thanks

cyberhehe

Joined Oct 6, 2004
Originally posted by Kenny@Dec 10 2004, 06:46 AM
>>Is this the 40x4 character matrix LCD?
No. It seems a 2x16.

>>Maybe that LCD is restricted to have only a 4 Bit interface that is why.
I have been thinking the same, but how can I know it.

For these days I don´t have enough time, but I am beggining to check the 66100H datasheet (44100H replacement). I have made various web searchs and nobody seems to have info. In the only real search hit where is referenced this LCD is in a forum where there is someone that have the same problem that me: There is no info about it.

How is possible that exists a garbage electronic components around it (made by Optrex Japan) without any bit of info.

Thanks
[post=4044]Quoted post[/post]​
Anyway, it will be easier if you buy another 2x16 with 14 or 16 lines with it, and that will make you go ahead with what you want :D

On what platform are you going to use your LCD?

CNetherton

Joined Nov 18, 2007
Attached is word doc with pinout, shift register organization and sample c code for PIC.

Christopher

Attachments

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Greetings! And welcome to AAC!

Please refrain from "hijacking" existing threads with tangent or off-topic questions. You can create new threads for new questions using the "New Thread" button on the upper left of the page.

As many links for lcd information have already been given here, I feel it is time to lay this thread to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.