latch output to drive single relay

garrysingh

Joined Nov 28, 2022
i have 4 nos. of quad latch. i want to drive single relay based on latch output. suppose if one of the latch output goes to set mode then i want to drive single relay. can anybody suggest how can i solve it

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
i have 4 nos. of quad latch. i want to drive single relay based on latch output. suppose if one of the latch output goes to set mode then i want to drive single relay. can anybody suggest how can i solve it
I don't see that there is anything to solve. Using a latch to control a relay is perfectly fine. Maybe a drawing of what you have in mind.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
as you can see i want only 1 relay at the output instead of four
I can't actually see anything on that schematic, but no matter. Just because you have 4 latches in a package does not mean you have to use all of them. It is perfectly acceptable to use one of them and leave the other three unconnected and unused. Depending on the particular technology of the latches, connecting the unused inputs may require different strategies. Tell me what the part number of your quad latch.

garrysingh

Joined Nov 28, 2022
it is 4 channel window comparator in which every channel is compare with upper limit and lower limit. so it need 4 latch output each for every channel. now i want to use only 1 relay.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
it is 4 channel window comparator in which every channel is compare with upper limit and lower limit. so it need 4 latch output each for every channel. now i want to use only 1 relay.
I still do not know why you cannot do what you want to do. Can you try again to explain the problem?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Your circuit has 4 window comparators. Each comparator has an adjustable window. Now why you want only a single relay escapes me but just modify each output to a relay and merge them to a single point. The relay driver transistors won't care but if any of the four channels goes active your one relay will energize. That what you are after?

Ron