Label printer datasheet

Vindhyachal Takniki

Joined Nov 3, 2014
1. I have sent data serially from arduino like Serial. print("text"). Have been able to print without issue.

2. this is label printer, as in attached picture, how to identify the cut in sticker so that data gets printed on label only, now as there is no detection command I know, data gets printed out of label too.

3. connected usb port to PC, it comes out to unidentified harware in device manager.

1.jpeg

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Looks like you are going to have to monitor the serial traffic and look for messages from the printer, it it is providing any status messages. The hole in the labels appears to be for an optical or mechanical limit switch for label alignment.

It is quite possible the only method for alignment is to send a page feed, then count the number of line feeds you generate, avoiding overrunning the label area, then sending a page feed to align the next label.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Let's have a look at your code... do we have code tags for BBS here? I think it's "
Code:
" write code here "
" usually

verified - just write text without the { } inbetween the code tags below

upload_2019-4-19_8-44-52.png

Vindhyachal Takniki

Joined Nov 3, 2014
1. Here is pic of paper I found by taking printout on selftest (paper is not label, otherwise label printer is used)

2. Selftest pic is attached

3. label paper pic is attached

4. Printer has these pin on it : VH, Gnd , Tx, Rx, DTR, GND.

5. One thing I found on selftest pic, is that hardware flow control is enabled. Now how to do that in arduino?

6. I wam able to print text on printer by normal command: serial1.println("text") . But this print only of label printer is correctly placed i.e side hole is properly detected.

7. Now I want to that whenever I power on system, I send command to align label properly so thAT i can print on it.
I have tried all commands by this loop:

for(cnt = 0U ; cnt < 255U ; cnt++)
{
Serial1.write(cnt);
}

only cnt = 14 takes to next label , but only if previous label was properly placed, otherwise this dont work either.

label.jpeg normal paper.jpeg

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I’d tend to agree with @Yaakov

Write a small sketch to print several short lines to the printer. While doing so, monitor the RX line to see if anything is returned. See if you get anything when the label is at the break.

Just some suggestions. Delay after each line to allow yourself time to react. Use an Arduino with more than one hardware serial pin sets. Send the results of the receive (in decimal format) to the console.

While not part of your original question, are you checking the status of DTR?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
It also says that Line Feed mode is set to LF (11, 0x0A), so for a new line you need to send LF, and probably a CR (13, 0X0D) to get the bad to the start of the line. Using SI (Shift In) for a new form is strange. What does it do when you send it FF (12, 0x0C)?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Since it seems that you already own a real computer, whay waste time with an arduino? If you want to print useful labels you will need a bit more processor capability and a decent user interface.

Vindhyachal Takniki

Joined Nov 3, 2014
solved,

1. send only 14, moves the lbel to next label i.e to start of new label. I was sending 14,10 together, which created issues.

2. Rest print text is normal & for barcodes, adafruit library comes handy

Vindhyachal Takniki

Joined Nov 3, 2014
solved,

1. send only 14, moves the lbel to next label i.e to start of new label. I was sending 14,10 together, which created issues.

2. Rest print text is normal & for barcodes, adafruit library comes handy