L297 / L298 3 Axis Stepper Controller (Open Source)

hoeken

Joined Sep 17, 2007
Hey All,

I'm intending to build a 3 Axis bipolar stepper motor controller board that will sit on top of an Arduino board, control 3 stepper motors, as well as have inputs for 6 opto switches. the opto switches are separate and they just plug into the board, so we can ignore them for now. if you don't know about arduino, check it out at www.arduino.cc, its pretty rad. Both this board and Arduino are open source.

I'm fairly new to electronics, but this isn't my first project. I read as much as I could, but I'd love to have a guru look over my work and either blast me for my stupidity, or give me a pat for a job well done. I think I probably did the circuit correctly, but there are also probably a couple bugs lurking. Please help me find them!

You can find all the files here: http://reprap.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/reprap/trunk/users/hoeken/arduino-stepper-controller/

Thank you very much!
Zach Smith

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
I can't access it too.

Satisfy my curiosity. What do you mean by open source? Is there an "open source" electronics definition like the GNU license for programming? I thought that electronics was open source by definition. (I'm going to start licensing my circuits - "You can use them, but you'll have to pay. You can't modify them, even if you pay. You cannot even use blue resistors, because they are ugly and I don't like to see them against a green background. You cannot use other PCB colour than green. You cannot use other solder than lead-tin. You cannot use other LEDs than red ones, unless I say so, and if I say so, you cannot use different that the ones I said. If you do, you'll be prosecuted to the full extent of my arm...law...yer":D:D:D).