Kirchhoffs Help

techroomt

Joined May 19, 2004
sorry, i don't see the schematic. but from the equations i suspect it is a wheatstone bridge. simulataneous equations is a method to solve for currents when the circuit is not able to be simplified.

so, the equations represent three current posibilities through the resistive loads. you just have to make sure that when writing them, that when a load is involved in the equation that you include the other currents going through that load.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
You have shown us the problem and your effort so far. What appears to be missing is a statement of what you are being required to solve for. Are there any givens as far as the components are concerned?

hgmjr

Deanjools

Joined Sep 10, 2007
I knew I would forget something.

The voltage is 1 Volt
R1 and R4 = 0.5 Ohms
R2, R3 and R5 = 1 Ohm

Thanks for the Help

Dean.

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
the equations seem correct, did they not work?
try another approach by assuming three unknown current in three loops instead of solving with current thru components, then apply kvl.
also the circuit is similar to wheatstone bridge.
post back if u have any doubts.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I will get all the info for this question on here if it kills me.

I am looking for I1, I2 and I3

Thanks

Dean.
This is the main information I was looking for.

Suggest you consider approaching the problem along the lines recca02 has recommended. Redraw the circuit so that it takes on the more familiar look of a wheatstone bridge, make your assumptions about loop current and then write the corresponding loop equations.

hgmjr