Kicad no back solder mask

Teljkon

Joined Jan 24, 2019
For the life of me I can not get the back side of the PCB to have a solder mask. I don't know what I am doing wrong fill area worked on the front side but won't seem to work on the back. Anyone else run into this.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
That is a strange problem. Since you have plated through holes, it should act like a 2-sided board regardless of whether there are any other nets on the back side.

How do you know there is no solder mask? Was that done looking at the gerbers? When you made the gerbers, did you make all layers viewable/active? Is the back side all copper? Is it named?

Teljkon

Joined Jan 24, 2019
When I upload the project to oshpark it shows no solder mask.

How do you know there is no solder mask? Was that done looking at the gerbers? When you made the gerbers, did you make all layers viewable/active? Is the back side all copper? Is it named?
Yes to all of those for the most part the back side is all copper but it has traces for the threw holes.

Forgot obvious question, do you have the F.Mask and B.Mask layers both selected?
Max..
Yes as far as I understand it its all there and both are selected. I get a gerber file titled B.mask. Maybe that is why maybe I shouldn't have clicked on b mask and did a filled area?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Oshpark is quality. A bit more expensive, but fantastic service in my experience. You have to like purple or "after dark."

Call Oshpark. You will probably speak or e-mail correspondence with Dan Sheadel. He is not your usual "virtual assistant." He knows the business and virtually every e-cad system out there. He will solve the problem very quickly for you.