Kicad - How to easily copy values from F.Fab to F.silk

christiannielsen

Joined Jun 30, 2019
Hi,

I would like to have values printed on the silkscreen. Is there any way how I can easily or automaticly copy values from F.Fab to F.Silks?

thanks

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
This question answers it as of August 2018: https://forum.kicad.info/t/change-layer-of-multiple-selected-items-in-footprint-editor/12184
Apparently, that is not easily done.

However, in other programs, I find that positioning labels in the silk screen layer usually needs to be changed and space is limited. Suppose you want, R23/2.7k. That might take too much room. It would be extremely rare to need to reposition something associated with the package without changing the device's position too.

Also, adding values to the silk screen layer values might create confusion should you decide during testing to change a value but not the name.

trebla

Joined Jun 29, 2019
As far i know you must edit labels one- by-one. If i want reference for component values i generate a BOM list and import it to Excel table. You get BOM list in csv format in Pcbnew editor under File->Fabrication outputs->BOM file...

christiannielsen

Joined Jun 30, 2019
I edited preferences on each value and defined the layer to be SilkS.

I understand the posibility of confusion if a value is changed later on. But I think I would make a note on the board if so.