KiCad ERC design errors

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Yes, that's what I'm doing. Which version are you using? The problem was that from using the default GND symbol I still had to edit the default pin assignment from "power input" to make it "bidirectional". It didn't like "passive" so I'm not even sure what it means by passive. I'm still stumbling around a bit but starting to get the hang of it. It's a real design tool and not simply a schematic generator. Next time I'll edit the symbol and copy it so I won't have to edit each stinking one of em. I also used what I thought was a text entry that was in fact a linked label instead. Live and learn. Apparently, the default symbols already in the library cannot be edited? Still curious as to its circuit analysis feature.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Now you understand why I sometimes use the jumper trick to keep moving when building a complex PCB. I do usually fix the problem later.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Apparently, the default symbols already in the library cannot be edited? Still curious as to its circuit analysis feature.
I am using the latest version of Kicad 7
Yes it can, just that you have to copy it to your new version, IOW, save it in your personally named parts library so you can find it easier after modification.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
A while ago i run into issue that default installation path was causing problems. Editing library files was failing due to some stupid rights thing. So i moved library out of C:/Program Files/... To my own folder and problem went away. Since that time i just install Kicad to my own folder so i don't need to adjust paths etc. Maybe this is no longer issue but i still choose to do it my way.