just to make a few things clear

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Really? I usually feel like I am being ignored when I reference my personal experiences and knowledge. :p

Maybe it's because I give answers that might work rather than the ones they want to hear?o_O

To be honest I don't think I am on anyones ignore list here. so far in 12 or so years of being online I have only had two people ever make my ignore list anywhere and that was just so that they couldn't say I was deliberately setting them up to look like trolls by 'crafting carefully worded replies' to their nonsense that would 'lead them' into making themselves look like idiots. :rolleyes:

I took my supposed 'guiding hand' out of the equation and wouldn't you know it they still make themselves look like trolling idiots. :p

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
@takao21203

There is no doubt that some members here pick at some of your posts, but that's true of every forum. Part of the reason for this is that you don't post schematics; instead, you post verbal descriptions of your circuits or photographs of your assemblies. Neither the verbal descriptions, nor the photos convey the circuit adequately to most people. The verbal descriptions may make sense to you, but not to others. The photographs are usually of fly-wired assemblies that are impossible to follow. If you are able to keep these circuits in your head, that's fine, but don't expect others to comprehend them without schematics. It's not a realistic expectation, and you should give it up. You seem proud of your designs, and perhaps they are good, but most of us will never know unless you post schematic drawings.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
@takao21203

There is no doubt that some members here pick at some of your posts, but that's true of every forum. Part of the reason for this is that you don't post schematics; instead, you post verbal descriptions of your circuits or photographs of your assemblies. Neither the verbal descriptions, nor the photos convey the circuit adequately to most people. The verbal descriptions may make sense to you, but not to others. The photographs are usually of fly-wired assemblies that are impossible to follow. If you are able to keep these circuits in your head, that's fine, but don't expect others to comprehend them without schematics. It's not a realistic expectation, and you should give it up. You seem proud of your designs, and perhaps they are good, but most of us will never know unless you post schematic drawings.
most of the circuits are trivial, and i do post schematics sometimes. but i will add schematics for new posts as others do this too.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Well, if you told them why you didn't need resistors, they might have left you alone. You let them get in your crawl because you didn't have a good answer on why you didn't need them. And because they got in your crawl, you created this thread.
i have plenty and i did use them then one day i tried without. and i explain all over again why they arent needed.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
It's up to you to challenge those who are using your photos. You need to start marking your photos identifying them as copyrighted.

Plainly marking your photo will stop some, but not all from using your photos.
talking about stealing peoples photos here, collect or even republish.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I don't put photos here for any reasons other than to solicit help from others here - if its my thread - or to give them away to the thread starter if it's not my thread. By assumption, anyone else that comes along can also benefit from them. I expect nothing in return.

I suppose if I saw my photo being used in a book or some other commercial use, I would feel slightly cheated after I got over my surprise. I'm not holding my breath.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
talking about stealing peoples photos here, collect or even republish.
Again I say ... mark your photos here as copyright. If you publish something here, I will download it, to assist my understanding of your circuit. I try never to use those photos again. However, if I correct an error or modify the circuit, the corrected photo belongs to me and if I share it with you, you can not take credit for my modifications. Of course it will be up to me to seek judicial relief against you for "violating my copyright".

Do you really want to travel down that path?

People will fast become unwilling to help someone here if everyone choose that path.

If you publish it on the internet, or in a patent, someone will modify it and if it's a money maker, will manufacture it and sell it. It's been going on for centuries and falls under industrial espionage.

I've downloaded schematics here just to neaten them up, when I could have just made the thread starter clean up their own mess. Maybe I'll start doing that.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I suppose if I saw my photo being used in a book or some other commercial use, I would feel slightly cheated after I got over my surprise. I'm not holding my breath.
Now I however am on the other end of this view. I'm thrilled whenever I run across any of my work being referenced and used someplace else.

To me that says my work was of enough value to be taken serious and be put into practical application.:cool:

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Again I say ... mark your photos here as copyright. If you publish something here, I will download it, to assist my understanding of your circuit. I try never to use those photos again. However, if I correct an error or modify the circuit, the corrected photo belongs to me and if I share it with you, you can not take credit for my modifications. Of course it will be up to me to seek judicial relief against you for "violating my copyright".

Do you really want to travel down that path?

People will fast become unwilling to help someone here if everyone choose that path.

If you publish it on the internet, or in a patent, someone will modify it and if it's a money maker, will manufacture it and sell it. It's been going on for centuries and falls under industrial espionage.

I've downloaded schematics here just to neaten them up, when I could have just made the thread starter clean up their own mess. Maybe I'll start doing that.
you dont get it.

its about protecting the privacy of people in the photos and its not allowed to use photo for abnormal purposes + republish the result on known web portals accessed by special population groups.

FURTHER

i want to educate you about proper republication.

1. give information about the authorized source
2. add your own identification

THAT is my license for intellectual property.

in japanese iy can be

A not animate , like a landscape or car not moving
B kindof animate like from an actually moving car
C
animate, such as people. If you take photo in public take care its proper

you must respect privacy of people in photos.

there is 2 violation

I. collect without permission
IIa modify but for proper purpose such as to see how it looks like
IIb abnormal prpose
III republication
IIIs abnormal republication

IV absence of proper identification + date

neodymium.JPG IMG_20141230_130126.jpg

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Now I however am on the other end of this view.
Not really - I agree I would feel honored to have others see value in my work. Any petty feeling of not being recognized (or paid) would be secondary. I might feel differently if I was producing photos for a living, but that is never going to happen.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Things I have learned from the internet.

1: If you don't want other people seeing your work or actions and copying them then don't put it where they can ever find it. :confused:

2: Posting information is like casting seeds to the wind. Once they leave your hand you have no control over where they will land and what may grow from them. :eek:

3: Only fools assume that everyone else on the internet is trustworthy. :oops:

4: Piracy is only a problem when you're on the wrong ship.:p

Basically if you don't want your boat raided don't go out on the open seas with everything you want to keep hidden up on deck in full display where everyone can see it with the idea that if someone riads you it's their fault not yours. :rolleyes:

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Things I have learned from the internet.

1: If you don't want other people seeing your work or actions and copying them then don't put it where they can ever find it. :confused:

2: Posting information is like casting seeds to the wind. Once they leave your hand you have no control over where they will land and what may grow from them. :eek:

3: Only fools assume that everyone else on the internet is trustworthy. :oops:

4: Piracy is only a problem when you're on the wrong ship.:p

Basically if you don't want your boat raided don't go out on the open seas with everything you want to keep hidden up on deck in full display where everyone can see it with the idea that if someone riads you it's their fault not yours. :rolleyes:
It took the internet to teach you this?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Yea now that we have the internet we can stay safely indoors and look at pictures of cows. :p

But of course with the internet there is a ever growing population of deviants who are into looking at funny kitty videos. :eek:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
you must respect privacy of people in photos.
There is NO EXPECTATION of privacy when you publish things on the internet. If you EXPECT privacy, you need to make it difficult for people to copy your work. You can disable the right-mouse function, print function and somehow disable the print screen function. Otherwise whoever wishes to "steal" your photos will do so. Don't forget the people who can take a photo of their screen using their cell phone camera.

Did you "respect the privacy of people in photos" by obtaining permission to use their likeness on the internet to display your photographic skills? I'm sure you can produce a standard permission agreement for everyone in your photos.

You may understand the premise, but, your trust in everyone on the internet is misplaced.