Just got my COVID vaccine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
We have a couple of Radical Cult churches close to the City who are periodically getting raided and fined for not obeying current Covid resitrictions on gathering etc.
Also don't believe in getting vaccinated.
I wonder what they will expect, or may demand of our free health care system if they were to fall sick with the virus? :rolleyes:

jgessling

Joined Jul 31, 2009
Then you did it for all of us, including yourself and your family. Thanks. My family is almost done, grandboy got his first jab last week so next one in early May. The only thing I worried about for me was the small parking lot at the county clinic. Despite being an urban (mostly) area there are still quite a few people who insist on large pickups that don’t really fit in normal parking spots. As I was driving out there was a collision of these behemoths that resulted in the mandatory horn blowing and yelling. Sigh. Stay healthy everybody!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
lt is never a problem after it’s over but I suffer right up until the jab.
I'm not bothered by needles, but had concerns about the length of the needle after seeing people getting injections on the news. I understand they need to inject into muscle and a lot of people have fat arms, but they seemed long...

Then a colleague said he thought the needle hit his bone when he got his first shot. The needle for mine didn't seem overly long and I always try to watch the needle going in.

I had a headache and nausea the evening of the shot. The worst part was the fatigue that caused brain fog the next day; plus a sore arm for 3 days.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I'm not bothered by needles, but had concerns about the length of the needle after seeing people getting injections on the news. I understand they need to inject into muscle and a lot of people have fat arms, but they seemed long...

Then a colleague said he thought the needle hit his bone when he got his first shot. The needle for mine didn't seem overly long and I always try to watch the needle going in.

I had a headache and nausea the evening of the shot. The worst part was the fatigue that caused brain fog the next day; plus a sore arm for 3 days.
My wife had a sore arm that evening for a day. I am trying to make sure I use the arm a lot to mitigate that. I hope I don't have any of the side effect symptoms. So far, so good.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
That's not promising... oh well.
It's a small price to pay for doing our part to stop the spread and avoid getting sick enough that we could take medical services needed by others.

I read a story about a woman who's whose mother died because COVID patients were taking too many beds. Paramedics in some states were being told not to bring patients that they couldn't resucitate to hospitals.
EDIT: Corrected typo.

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Got my second shot of AZ this weekend. Good to hear from the other side of the pond that people are taking it seriously. Stay safe!
My state, Indiana, is currently offering vaccine to everyone 16 or older. Right now I believe we are at 25% or so vaccinated and the appointments are about 1-2 weeks out if you register now, so they are going as fast as they can manage.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I too, desperately hate needles ... but what I do is I block the event out of my mind 'till the time comes and don't look at the process until it's over...

Status
Not open for further replies.