JCLPCB’s EasyEDA: How would you rate it?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
For people that have used EasyEDA, particularly for a completed project (or tried to), how do you rate/rank it against other options?

Is there another board fab you’d choose over JCLPCB, why?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I have never used EasyEDA, I use Kicad. JLCPCB has no trouble using the Gerber files it produces. I have ordered several boards from them an always happy with the quality.

Again I have never used Oshpark, but as they are a sigificant multiple higher in cost than JLCPCB I could easily afford the difference.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
I have used OshPark and JLCPCB.
I wish OshPark had a choice of colors.
I am using JLCPCB because they will also solder on the surface mount parts.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
As I have not used their EasyEDA, I cannot comment.
My boards are drawn on a Mac with McCad PCB and JLCPCB has no problem using the Gerbers it produces either.
Over the last 30 odd years, boards have been produces from many houses but I have settled on JLCPCB for their good quality boards, very good prices and they contact me to clear up any errors I make, (and I do make a few now and then). Most times the postage is more that the actual boards. Originally, elsewhere I had to fork out $200 to $400 setup fees on top of the boards and post.

The latest boards are black, with white overlay so there are 4 boards in the set to suit a black plastic case.
The inner 2 will have circuitry on them while the outer 2 are just front and back panels with cutouts and white text etc.
They have made my 4 layer PCBs as well as the double sides ones, and I have had no problems (other that my design faults) with them at all.
Very recommended!

schmitt trigger

Joined Jul 12, 2010
I do use both EasyEda and JLCPCB.
My experience with JLCPCB is identical to what others have already posted. Love it!

EasyEda has some quirks, like every CAD program out there. IMHO, one only needs to become familiarized with its GUI such that your muscle memory kicks in when you require a particular function which is not immediately accessible from the top menus.

What EasyEda really shines is on its vast library. Even obscure devices.
You require a symbol and footprint for a Soviet era IV-25 VFD tube? Well, it is there already.
Many of the models are user generated, so one has to review them before using though.

FlyingDutch

Joined Mar 16, 2021
I do use both EasyEda and JLCPCB.
My experience with JLCPCB is identical to what others have already posted. Love it!

EasyEda has some quirks, like every CAD program out there. IMHO, one only needs to become familiarized with its GUI such that your muscle memory kicks in when you require a particular function which is not immediately accessible from the top menus.

What EasyEda really shines is on its vast library. Even obscure devices.
You require a symbol and footprint for a Soviet era IV-25 VFD tube? Well, it is there already.
Many of the models are user generated, so one has to review them before using though.
Hello,

if I would like to write something in this thread I would write exactly the same what colleague @schmitt trigger wrote.

Best Regards