JBL Authentics L8 SMPS

drops206

Joined Dec 20, 2017
Check D8 diode on SMPS.
Quite often it gets damaged. I had a problem with it in L8 and L16.

Unfortunately there is no diagram for the power supply.

Fleckz

Joined Mar 21, 2020
Check D8 diode on SMPS.

Registered just to say - thank you! You saved the day and made this to be super easy fix! :) Thank you again!

russelmann

Joined Oct 28, 2019
Is anyone still actively working on fixing a L8 power supply?
I am working on a schematic as well.
Can anybody tell me where pin 3 of U1 is connected to ?
Thanks,
rudi

Julian104

Joined Apr 23, 2021
Repair to JBL extreme PCB.

I was given a JBL Extreme because the owner said that the PCB was burnt and charred. This was caused by using the wrong 9 VDC charger.
The Attached photo show the same board from another JBL extreme with the components in a charred condition. The next photo shows those components as they should look. The third photo shows how I repaired the PCB.
The burnt components marked with red crosses are three 6.8 ohms resistors in parallel and a Schottky SS34 diode. The three 5.6 ohm resistors equate to one 2.3 ohm resistor (I used a 2.2 ohm).
The PCB that I repaired was very badly burnt more so than that first photo. I very carefully scratched out all of the burnt components removing all traces of carbon.
I found where the the common copper ribbon for the resistors at the base of the PCB should be and soldered a bridging wire, I then soldered the 2.2 ohm resistor to the bridging wire and the other end to the IN4007 diode. I have marked where to connect the diode then to the resistor with the path shown in yellow.

With everything assembled I plugged in a 9 vdc 800 milli amp charger. It charged up the battery and the Extreme is booming away. I told the owner that I had managed to repair it, but he said for me to keep it as he had bought another.

Attachments

Flol

Joined Sep 9, 2023
Check D8 diode on SMPS.

Hello,
does sb know what exact part
Check D8 diode on SMPS.

Good day,
I also have a problem with my JBL authentics L8. It seems that the component marked D8 is faulty. On the diode it says PJ351 BR220. I have looked on the internet but have not found a replacement part with this exact designation. I have found very similar diodes under the abbreviation BR220. However, I am unsure whether I really replace the part suitable. Can you help me there?

I thank you in advance for all responses✌

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

AaronJ

Joined Feb 27, 2024
Hello,
does sb know what exact part

Good day,
I also have a problem with my JBL authentics L8. It seems that the component marked D8 is faulty. On the diode it says PJ351 BR220. I have looked on the internet but have not found a replacement part with this exact designation. I have found very similar diodes under the abbreviation BR220. However, I am unsure whether I really replace the part suitable. Can you help me there?

I thank you in advance for all responses✌

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Hey! did you ever find the fix for this i have an L8 with similar symptoms