Issue with frontpanel on wine cooler

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Should i take any note that R13 and R12 are not there ? They are on the side that is not working
It is a unit i have found, so i dont know the full history
Interesting. Sometimes knowing the history can help in the diagnostic trail.

When you first acquired the cooler, were both sides working?

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I don't think your unit is the same as the one that Dave provided the schematic for. The schematic that Dave found shows only a few components on the temperature sensor boards. I assume the three pin connectors that you swapped over are wired to the board in post #18 To progress the diagnosis you would need to post a picture showing ALL of the board in post #18. You would also need to post a picture iof the etch side of this board so that we can try to trace out the schematic for this board.

Les.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Do 3 of the wires to the 6 pin connectors go to the 3 pin connectors on the main board ? If so which 3 wires are they and where do the other 3 wires connect to ?
I think there are probably 2 more small boards (One in each cooled section.) with the temperature sensors on them. I also think it is likely that the the wires from the 3 pin connectors on the main board connect to them.

Les.

hlynge

Joined Feb 4, 2024
For me the cable color that connects to the 3 wire connector on the controller board are the Red, Black and white wire.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Are there no temperature sensors in the two cooled compartments ?
I suspect the blue wires from the 6 pin connector on the front panel board go to them . See MrChips post #36
If this is so then measure the resistance betwee the blue wires on the 6 pin plugs with the plugs unplugged from the front panel board.

Les.

Last edited: