Is this PCB correct ?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I uploaded two views of the board now in the post above
Woops, sorry - when you said it was only monochrome i didn't bother opening the images. I still see a 90 degree trace. It's also good to avoid acute angles, which you seem to have a lot of. Also, you should probably have pull-up resistors on the IC leads going to the switches. Finally, your decoupling capacitors should be as close to their corresponding IC's power pins as possible.

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
I didnt put any resistors because the ht12e datasheet doesnt say it needs one, his pins are naturally high. But yes, i'll rearrange the capacitors. Thanks DerStrom8

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I didnt put any resistors because the ht12e datasheet doesnt say it needs one, his pins are naturally high. But yes, i'll rearrange the capacitors. Thanks DerStrom8
You are correct, I just had a quick look at the datasheet and that device has built in pull ups. That was my mistake :p

Regards,
Matt

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009

(A) When busing pins, it is ok to do as you did by connecting to the GND plane or by having one bus right through all pads. I prefer to have the bus off to the side and connect each pad separately. If, for whatever reason, you need to patch the board and isolate a single pad, this will allow you to do it easily. You would only need to cut one trace.

(B) This is a big flaw. Having a second trace at an angle off the same pad puts it too close to the adjacent pad. It would be better to have one trace coming away from the pad.

All the other mods are aesthetic, to straighten up the traces and reduce bends.