Is there a specific device that can distribute power for each power device?

Seonghyeon Hwang

Joined Dec 9, 2022
Hi. I'm Hwang.

I'm studying fuelcell and battery hybrid controller. I'm considering a real hardware that can distribute the energy ratio to give proper load with sum of fuelcell and battery power.
For example, Let's assume there is a required load of 100W to drive a motor.
Following efficiency of each resource(fuecell, battery), required power will conclude how many power will it supply for.
If fuelcell supply 60W, then battery have to supply 40W.
It changes (70W - 30W, 90W - 10W, 20W - 80W) in load and efficiency dependantly.
The ratio is actually calculated by computer or MCU with state sensing and feedback.

So, Is there a something specific electro power device like distributing 60w and 40w each?

Or just control hydrogen flow and battery on and off??(like PWM or DC-DC converter)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi. I'm Hwang.

I'm studying fuelcell and battery hybrid controller. I'm considering a real hardware that can distribute the energy ratio to give proper load with sum of fuelcell and battery power.
For example, Let's assume there is a required load of 100W to drive a motor.
Following efficiency of each resource(fuecell, battery), required power will conclude how many power will it supply for.
If fuelcell supply 60W, then battery have to supply 40W.
It changes (70W - 30W, 90W - 10W, 20W - 80W) in load and efficiency dependantly.
The ratio is actually calculated by computer or MCU with state sensing and feedback.

So, Is there a something specific electro power device like distributing 60w and 40w each?

Or just control hydrogen flow and battery on and off??(like PWM or DC-DC converter)
I don't think so. Loads will take the power they require and there is no good way to predict what that requirement will be. If the power delivered is insufficient the load will adapt to the changing conditions, possibly by not performing the intended function.

Seonghyeon Hwang

Joined Dec 9, 2022
Thank you for reply me!
Yeah, I think I should take more survey.
Not only FuelCell - battery hybrid but also engine - battery hybrid, have been adapted to the car.
I think there must be something that power distribute..
If I find something I want, I will share in this post! Thanks!