Is Nurse call s/m effective?

Terrlan

Joined Sep 21, 2018
My aunt is in charge of a hospital. She is the administrative professional over there. She is taking care of the three floors and has got staffs distributed unequally. There are only a few staffs in the second floor. The patients in these floor as usually bedridden. So, if an emergency occurs, there will be panic as there might be no staff available at that time.

My aunt asked me to research what can be done to solve this issue. She asked me to search whether any sort of electronic devices is available in order to alert all the staffs by a single switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There are many varieties of nurse call systems since they have been around for over half a century. There are thus a lot of circuits for that purpose. The problems with such systems are usually keeping them clean and keeping them working. The system needs to be able to latch the request and also a light so that the nurse will know which patient on which floor requested a nurse. You may find such a system available used from some hospital upgrading what it has,