Is There A Doctor or Nurse In The House or E.M.T.or Paramedic

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
If this is for you I think you need all of them. A doctor, nurse, and a good Paramedic. In a addition a good psychoanalyst and a well equipped pharmacy to pick up some takeaway on the way home:cool:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I have you ,you are the best.I can always depend on you to be there.
I have learned a lot from your Rooster sitting on your Education that you
will use some day.In the meantime I study you,you are a good subject.
You are so predictable,like the Rooster. I have a license to-----------.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go - downtown
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know - downtown
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose(wire)?

And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you
Someone who is just like you and needs a gentle hand to

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go - downtown
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know - downtown
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose(wire)?
And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you
Someone who is just like you and needs a gentle hand to
holy CRAP!!!
Dusty Springfield?????

things are getting very strange here, very strange

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I'm not a pheasant plucker,
I'm a pheasant plucker's son,
and I'm only plucking pheasants
til the pheasant plucker comes.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I dated a doctor. She was great.

Unfortunately, when we met, she was finishing up her residency at Hopkins and had already signed a contract for a hospital in Ohio.

Sadly, it was destined to end as soon as it began.

But, I learned a lot from her. Beautiful woman.

WHY MUST THEY ALL LEAVE?!@%!?? WAAWAAAAHHHH!! WHY??!

I also had the good fortune of helping a few people study for exams in medical fields. I have learned quite a bit.

I still cant clean my room, but I can dress a wound. ;)

It was also important to me to get certified in CPR and First Aid. Infant, Child, and Adult. I also took a class for proper defibrillator function, operation, and usage.

Ive saved a life or two in my time... And, Ive had my own saved once.

One of the scariest encounters I have had with a victim were I had to resuscitate, was a youngster (22yrs) who wasn't safely dealing with high voltages.

Even though I have dealt with blood, seizures, punctures, and other 'obvious wounds', the only thing external was a few small burns.

I had NO idea of the internal damage incurred by the electricity, so trying to help was quite a scary proposition.

After pulling him away from the area, ... ok..

A little back-story..

I have worked in some old buildings in my time.. many were build in the late 1800s and 'updated' every 25 years or so.

There are HUGE transformers in the electric rooms that are fed from 4KV lines, through a blow-out fuse link or breaker.

In this instance, the breaker had blown, leaving scorch marks on the wall and ceiling around the breaker. The power was lost to the building and the electric room was in a cave (basically). So, the young fella figured "Its a breaker that has tripped. Ill reset it!"

I dont know about you, but if a 4KV breaker tripped, I would do a little more than "reset" it. Like, call the power company to find out WHY it tripped, or, call a senior electrician, and have the feed to the breaker killed before even walking into the cage.

So long story short(er), no gloves, no pole, no brains, he walked into the cage and flipped the breaker link into the connector.

I dont know how these things work exactly... They phisically BLOW OUT of the holder. I dont know if this is a little explosive charge that disconnects the conductor or if it is a result of an expanding metal at high temperatures/currents, but once that thing got about an inch from the top,

POP! GEZZIKKEELLL!

It may have been a non-detonated charge, it may have been the moisture in his palm exploding, I dunno.

But, it threw him to the ground VERY quickly.

The lights blinked on for the fraction of a second he had re-established power, but now it was dark again.

The flashlight he was holding was now smoking. Hair, smoking.
Pants, smoking.
I lit a cigarette. so Me, smoking. ;)

I grabbed the laces of his shoes and pulled him out of the cage.

his hand was burnt up a bit, but other than that, it didn't LOOK too violent.

I was hesitant to touch him because of the fear of his body holding a charge.

I pushed his hand to the metal cage grate then started CPR.

Weird, i could had sworn I tasted metal.. dunno.

I gave him a few breaths that didn't go in, he was SO rigid. after a few seconds, he let loose and his body started accepting breaths. After a minute or so, he started breathing on his own, and his heart/pulse seemed steady.

The paramedics arrived and took him away.

About 4 hours later, he called the shop to let us know he was alive.

Apparently he had a concussion from smacking his head on the concrete ground, and his hand was going to need reconstruction. More testing revealed scarring on his heart and other muscles on the right side.

He also had some cognitive problems in the future.

Any way, the problem ended up being a failure in the 13.8KV feeder and there was 13.8KV on our 4KV line.

The powerCo replaced the transformer, and reset the 1960s, old breaker.
Why they didnt replace it, I dunno.

So, dont be stupid. BE CAREFUL and ask questions.

Just because you think its only 12v doesn't mean there wasn't a problem and now its 120v.

If safety devices fail, they fail for a reason. Disconnect power, then check.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Retched!
You have girl problems because you do not have a wounder boner. So in other words you are poorly equipped. I have a wounder boner. And I have no girl problems. My girl always get a naughty look then I ask "Who is up for some skinning and boning"
You should get one to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lj1zeAiYWw
And after a lovely fish dinner we always do some ball-busting you should try that to, for adults is exciting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKfY6SzB9D8

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
This all sounds like Loosewire gone Wild.What has happened
to you guys,only Loosewire make post like these. Will the real
members post there experiences.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Um.... Just to let you know.. I have a Wunder Boner. The problem is, the women HATE it when I try to push there spine out of there butt from their mouths.

What gives?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Well, happyganl, actually the story is still being written.

We stay in touch. She still owns a house here in Baltimore. So she comes back when a new tenant moves in or out to get things together.

I haven't made it all the way to Ohio, but we did meet half-way in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, for dinner, drinks, and night-life.

So you never can tell what will happen.

You see, my long lost brother and I finally made contact again and decided to buy a house together and start a business together, so I am trying to get our business going and she is doing the work she loves while developing a name for herself as a doctor. We still stay in contact, So I think our paths will cross again.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The new nick for Loosewire will be Doctor Love. If I want therapy from Doctor Love. Well I am not sure so to speak....Time will Show.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
T06, Right on time,never fails,time to try to put Loosewire
----------or so to speak,Shall we have tea. What do think of our
tea parties and our ball team(soccer). Love four the longest match(Tennis)