Is it possible to make an amplifier with the tda8588bj/r1 ?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It looks like that BIG IC is already part of something. If it is already part of some device that includes it as an amplifier then it makes a lot more sense to use it that way. Consider that most of those 38 leads serve some purpose, unless you are incredibly skillful it will be much simpler to use the amplifier portion of whatever it is in now as the amplifier for the Sony toy.
Do you even have any information about that TDA8588 device??

BeholdenLemon71

Joined Sep 20, 2023
It looks like that BIG IC is already part of something. If it is already part of some device that includes it as an amplifier then it makes a lot more sense to use it that way. Consider that most of those 38 leads serve some purpose, unless you are incredibly skillful it will be much simpler to use the amplifier portion of whatever it is in now as the amplifier for the Sony toy.
Do you even have any information about that TDA8588 device??
The device is a Sony cdx gt207x but I don't have the front part of it, but I know that everything is working, except the AM/FM. My interest is to only the auxiliary channel but I don't know if it's possible to turn on theses components without the front part of it. (I'm a beginner in electronics)

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
You would need to either locate a circuit of that piece or trace out the circuit from the circuit board.. Either of those would be a serious effort for an experienced technical experimenter/constructor. Even for an experienced engineering professional it would take a fair amount of effort.
So the answer is YES, you could do it, in theory, eventually, BUT most other alternatives would be much easier and faster.
I invite those who disagree to examine the data sheet drawings.

Those types of ICs were the apex of consumer electronics design.
Called “jungle ICs”, they incorporated many dissimilar function blocks which were typically used in consumer electronics. In the 1980s Color TVs and sound systems were big users of these jungle ICs, this one clearly was used in a quadraphonic sound system.