what i need exactly to change in the circuit to work with caple rs232 to usb

some one say only add 12v to VPP and another say you need to add
transistor

i saw befor ready circuit and it work vary nice with caple but i dont have

circuit digram

is any circuit and sultion

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
What kind of programmer is it, and which PIC do you use? I think the simplest solution would be to pick up a cheap PICKIT clone from Ebay. If you are on a budget. If not on a budget get one from Microchip.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
hi
I have pic programmer rs232

what i need exactly to change in the circuit to work with caple rs232 to usb
If I understand you, what you need or want is an RS-232 to USB adapter.

Those exist. Have existed for a long long time now. Mine is so old the manufacture is out of business and I have to look up the drivers on the way back machine.

I used to use an RS-232 PicStart Plus over a USB to RS-232 converter.

Have you checked your PC for a legacy RS232 connector on the pcb. My motherboard is almost new and has one, I just needed to put a connector on to the back panel for it to work with picstart.

new_eng

Joined Oct 20, 2011
What kind of programmer is it, and which PIC do you use? I think the simplest solution would be to pick up a cheap PICKIT clone from Ebay. If you are on a budget. If not on a budget get one from Microchip.

it is JDM programmer
and i need to program different type ..
like i6f84a ...877 ..

is any circuit please

thanks..

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I have read many places that JDM and USB to RS232 do not go quite well together. However it would not hurt to try. Check with friends and see if they have some converters you can test. Then get the type/brand that work best.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
If you are using a XP or older computer, you can get a USB to RS232 cable for under $3 on eBay. It's not worth building one yourself.

If you insist on doing it the hard wal, look up the specs on these chips:

PL2303
CP2102
FT232

These all do USB to RS232 conversion. The FT232 seems to be the currently most popular.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
The problem with RS232 programmers conversion with USB cable is that USB transmits using 1ms long frames, so from a nice fast programming you end up with a very slow programmer. I tried ponyprog with usb-rs232 cable and programming 256 bytes of code took me in the order of two minutes.