Ir and phototransistor

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
i dont know the code of this transistor but i know the pinouts are..
see my attackment photo, the output of my photo transistor cant trigger the 6v relay.. can anyone here help me with this..
Those IR sensor modules require the incoming IR light to be flashing at 38000 Hz. That way, sunlight shining in the window or light bulbs don't trigger them.

Check if you can get the output pin to trigger with a remote control from your TV.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
That is not a transistor. It is an integrated circuit with an IR photodiode, amplifier, level sensor, and open collector output driver. Probably.

ak

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Moderator's note: Posts #5, #6, #7, #8 were moved to here from another, essentially duplicate, thread. Please do not start multiple threads for a single question.

Kaiser Ed Bayawa

Joined Mar 19, 2015
Those IR sensor modules require the incoming IR light to be flashing at 38000 Hz. That way, sunlight shining in the window or light bulbs don't trigger them.

Check if you can get the output pin to trigger with a remote control from your TV.
sir using the tv remote i can trigger the phototransistor. but it wont work using the relay

bertz

Joined Nov 11, 2013
using the photo i've sent how can i determine the emitter base and collector of the phototransistor?
As Analogkid has already explained to you, the device you have is NOT, I repeat is NOT, a phototransistor. It is an IR decoder based on the Sony SIRC protocol. It is typically used in conjunction with a microprocessor as a remote control device. Perhaps if you gave us more information about your intended use we could be more specific about possible solutions. I have attached a datasheet which will give you the connection scheme and some application notes.

Attachments

Kaiser Ed Bayawa

Joined Mar 19, 2015
Thank you for your help sir. The circuit im looking for is done. I made a research about latch switch,Darlington connection, and the ir decoder. Combining these circuit came up into remote controlled switch.