Interpretation of the Toshiba TCD1703C datasheet (clock)

João Marcos Calixto

Joined Aug 25, 2017
Hi guys...

I am working in a project that needs a Toshiba TCD1703C.

I am having trouble with what signals i have to put in the CCD pins.

I know that the SH receive a signal that determinates to proceed to the next photodiode and that the time between the two wave falls determine the integration time.

I know that the CP is the main Clock that needs to receive a clock signal.

but i dont know what signal i have to put in the RS entrance. if someone can help me please.

And if someone knows a circuit to put in the entrance to reduce noise.

Thanks

Attachments

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
I know that the SH receive a signal that determinates to proceed to the next photodiode and that the time between the two wave falls determine the integration time.
OK. But remember that it has to be synchronized with the phase 1 and phase 2 clock signals. I suspect that it works best if it only occurs exactly once per frame, that is once for each time all of the pixels have been shifted out.

I know that the CP is the main Clock that needs to receive a clock signal.
As I mentioned above, the clock is really the phase1E, phase2E and phase2B signals. The phase1E and phase2E signals have to overlap in a special way. See the diagram labeled phase1, phase2 cross point on page 8 of the data sheet.

"CP" is described a the Clamp Gate. I am guessing that it is used to DC restore the output signals.

but i dont know what signal i have to put in the RS entrance. if someone can help me please.
See the diagrams on pages 7 and 8 of the data sheet. There are detailed timing requirements on page 8.