Interfacing CD4051 with a AM transmitter

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
Hi, i was using an encoder from holtek, HT12E, but it has only four data inputs and i needed 6 inputs, so i went for this mux/demux (CD4051), my guess is to connect the third pin ( Z: Common in/out ) to the data pin of the 433 MHZ transmitter, is that correct ?

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
But.. this is when the IC is running on a AC power line right ? Should this be a problem if am running at a smooth DC and just connecting to the transmitter ?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
What are you using the MUX for? I was under the impression that you wanted to use it for switching high frequencies.

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
I need to transmit data over the air, for that i am using a 433Mhz pair of transmitter and receiver. I was initially using a HT12 pair of Encoder and Decoder, but they have only 4 data inputs and i needed 6 data inputs, so i went for this IC CD4051 because it has 8 inputs, but i don't know if it can be used for the same purpose as the HT12 chips. It is to light up some lights over the air.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I need to transmit data over the air, for that i am using a 433Mhz pair of transmitter and receiver. I was initially using a HT12 pair of Encoder and Decoder, but they have only 4 data inputs and i needed 6 data inputs, so i went for this IC CD4051 because it has 8 inputs, but i don't know if it can be used for the same purpose as the HT12 chips. It is to light up some lights over the air.
It will work for that. However, If you have the cheap eBay transmitter receiver pairs for $5 or less, be aware that there is a cheap op amp smd on the bottom and will have trouble with any frequencies of 10kHz or more.

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
Understood, i just bought them, still waiting to receive the pair. But i really hope i don't have problems... GopherT, the pin i should connect to the transmitter DATA pin is the third pin ?