evios

Joined Nov 9, 2008
At the user interface of 16F886:
A5 (RA5) - AN4, C2OUT(Comparator)
A6 (OSC2)
C1 (RC1) - T1OSI(Timers),CCP2(ECCP)
C6 (RC6/TX)
C7 (RC7/RX)
These are only the pins that interfacing with the user input.
From the 7 segment display with 10 pins, each HI denotes a value that I need (lets say pin A,B,C HI for a '7'), I need to program my PIC so that it can fetch this value and store to a variable. However I am a bit confuse on how to actually getting the 8 pins' values into the PIC serially using the 16F886 provided only those pins configurable at the PIC. Sorry I am truely a newbie, I really hope experts here can guide me. Thanks.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
It will be easier if you read this values in parallel rather in serial form. If you want to use serial interface with the PIC then you will need a parallel in -serial out shift register (extra IC on the board). If you use parallel reading you will need only a few resistors. If you can read the binary input of the 7 segment driver rather than its output you will need less pins as inputs on the PIC.

evios

Joined Nov 9, 2008
It will be easier if you read this values in parallel rather in serial form. If you want to use serial interface with the PIC then you will need a parallel in -serial out shift register (extra IC on the board). If you use parallel reading you will need only a few resistors. If you can read the binary input of the 7 segment driver rather than its output you will need less pins as inputs on the PIC.
Thanks for your reply, but somehow I just provided with the user terminal of that particular pins. :)