Interesting and timely article given recent events on college campuses.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
All this has much to do with as the article took note of, the matter of fear and overprotecting our children from dangers. This has made the last generations on average a bit more cocky than those before since they have a false sense of protection and authority. The only thing I approve of in this campaign of PC is to try to reduce bullying. It will probably never go extinct but I don't know about you but when I finally said no more mister nice guy and showed the guy which was bullying me, what is what I was sent to the principal.:rolleyes: So fighting back did not pay that time...
It sure paid off in my case! When I was in junior high a much bigger and stupider guy was periodically pounding me. My cousin who was a Green Beret in Vietnam had JUST come home, and heard about my predicament. He showed me a "trick" he used in the jungle for silently (and permanently) incapacitating Viet Cong. I performed the operation on my nemesis and was never bothered again....by ANYONE.
Bullies only understand one concept....their own demise.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So you silently and permanently incapacitated your nemesis and there were no negative consequences for you? I must say that I don't think even my dad's coach would have gone for that. Black eyes and even a broken bone, maybe. But permanent incapacitation?

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
[smartass]
Oh NO!!! We have an incident of unbalanced sarcasm!! :D:D:D
[/smatass]
sorry W, but your second smartass bracket was misspelled and therefore its closing operation was invalid.... so the smartass attitude is therefore ongoing and your next message will still be of the smartass type... Emoji Smiley-51.png

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
It sure paid off in my case! When I was in junior high a much bigger and stupider guy was periodically pounding me. My cousin who was a Green Beret in Vietnam had JUST come home, and heard about my predicament. He showed me a "trick" he used in the jungle for silently (and permanently) incapacitating Viet Cong. I performed the operation on my nemesis and was never bothered again....by ANYONE.
Bullies only understand one concept....their own demise.
I do understand where you're coming from but in my case it was not premeditated . For about a minute it was the straw that broke the camel's back that made me go momentarily insane.

Not proud about that.

Last edited: