Instax Mini Capacitor shorted

sargalha

Joined Feb 2, 2020
Hey guys,
I was wordering if anyone could help me with my broken instax !
My girlfriend bought as instax mini 8 with battery damage. After I cleaned the contacts, gears, got the shutter to work and soldered the loose wires, i shorted the flash capacitor to the "shutter" button as I was putting it all back together. Now the camera wont turn on, no lights come up, the capacitor isn't charging but the microcontroller gets really hot.
There's a teardown here https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/news/teardown-tuesday-fujifilm-instax-mini-8-camera/ that shows the board. The yellow wires connect to the "shutter" button, which i accidentally touched the capacitor with. Does anyone have any clue on how i can get to turn on again ? Thanks so much for the help

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
The flash capacitor can hold a lot of electrical energy. Discharging it through the control circuitry will have damaged every active component in it. I don't think it is repairable. You may have to find a new girlfriend!
Regards,
Keith

sargalha

Joined Feb 2, 2020
The flash capacitor can hold a lot of electrical energy. Discharging it through the control circuitry will have damaged every active component in it. I don't think it is repairable. You may have to find a new girlfriend!
Regards,
Keith
It's a 320v 5w capacitor but yeah i think i might have to replace it. The camera, maybe not the girlfriend